The AMY Spring Theatre Creation Program is our flagship activity, a 14-week performance creation program offered each spring to young women and non-binary youth between 14 and 22 years of age. There are two components to the program. First, each participant works one-on-one with a professional artist mentor. Second, the group of participants works collectively with a team of professional directors and other guest artists to devise an original full-length play based on their own stories.
It’s a chance to work with some of Toronto’s most exciting artists and create & perform your own work! The program offers many exciting elements:
- One-one mentorship from a top Toronto artist
- Theatre creation workshops
- Work with a team of directors and other AMY participants to devise an original show based on your own stories
- Healthy group meals at every rehearsal
- Free TTC transportation to and from every rehearsal
- Perform at Canadian Stage!
- Possibility to continue on to the AMY Summer Performance Program
- Make new friends and a join a fun, supportive, creative community!
Interested in Applying?
Applications are now closed for this year. Please check back in the fall for more information.