The AMY Spring Theatre Creation Program is our flagship activity, a 14-week performance creation program offered each spring to young women and non-binary youth between 14 and 22 years of age. There are two components to the program. First, each participant works one-on-one with a professional artist mentor. Second, the group of participants works collectively with a team of professional directors and other guest artists to devise an original full-length play based on their own stories.
It’s a chance to work with some of Toronto’s most exciting artists and create & perform your own work! The program offers many exciting elements:
- One-one mentorship from a top Toronto artist
- Theatre creation workshops
- Work with a team of directors and other AMY participants to devise an original show based on your own stories
- Healthy group meals at every rehearsal
- Free TTC transportation to and from every rehearsal
- Perform at Canadian Stage!
- Possibility to continue on to the AMY Summer Performance Program
- Make new friends and a join a fun, supportive, creative community!
Interested in Applying?
Applications are closed for the 2019 Theatre Creation Program. If you have questions or would like to be alerted as to when applications open for the next round of programming, feel free to contact AMY’s Artistic Director Nikki at email@example.com